History of The Clinton Chronicle
The Clinton Chronicle was established in 1900 and is the only newspaper dedicated to serving only Clinton and Laurens County.
It was established by CC Little, who sold the paper to JF Jacobs. Wilson William Harris and HD Rantin, both of Clinton, and Alison Lee and Arthur Lee, of Greenwood, bought the paper from Jacobs in 1912.
Harris bought out his partners in 1916. He was editor and publisher from 1912 until he died in 1955. Harris was a fearless newspaperman and served as president of the SC Press Association and as a member of the SC House of Representatives from 1915 until 1916.
His widow, Cornelia Harris, published the newspaper until 1967, when it was sold to Donny Wilder. The Chronicle was the first weekly newspaper in South Carolina to switch to offset printing in the late 1960s.
Following in Harris’ footsteps, Wilder also served as president of the SC Press Association and later served in the SC House of Representatives.
In 1987, Wilder sold the paper to Smith Newspapers, located in Fort Payne, Alabama.
The Chronicle has won dozens of awards from the SC Press Association and also won a National Newspaper Association award in 1991.
The Clinton Chronicle
P.O. Box 180
513 North Broad St.
Clinton, SC 29325
Phone: (864) 833-1900
Fax: (864) 833-1902
Shea Dillinger, Bookkeeper - email@example.com
Debbie Ray, Advertising Sales - firstname.lastname@example.org
Pam Benefield, Advertising Sales - email@example.com