Taking on the Mocs
PC continues road trip at Chattanooga
- The Presbyterian College football team will make its way to No. 6 Chattanooga on Saturday in the second of three straight road games.
• The two teams meet for the second straight season and the eighth time overall in history of the series. Last season, Chattanooga pulled out a 21-0 victory at PC in a defensive affair.
- Saturday’s game will be the first between PC and UTC played at Chattanooga since 1961, which also marks the last win in the series for the Blue Hose. PC earned a 10-9 victory in that contest to even the series to 2-2 at the time. The Mocs have won each of the last three meetings since the 1961 game, all of which were played in Clinton. • Saturday will mark just the second time since 2009 that PC will play an FBS opponent and a ranked FCS opponent in consecutive weeks. The other came in 2014 when PC defeated then 12th-ranked Furman, 10-7, before traveling to NC State the following week.
Last time out
• Presbyterian fell to Central Michigan, 49-3, on Thursday night in Mt. Pleasant, Mich. in the season opener for both teams. • The Blue Hose defense provided a few bright spots in the loss, recording a pair of interceptions and 4.0 sacks in the contest.
- Jaylen Lindsay led the defense in his first career start, totaling a team-high nine tackles with a sack, a tackle for loss and his first ca- reer interception. • Ben Cheek led the PC offense, completing 10-of-22 passes for 83 yards through the air. Darrell Bridges managed 39 rushing yards on 22 carries in a tough offensive effort.
Get on your level
- After opening the season on a Thursday night against an FBS opponent, PC returns to a more normal game week with Saturday’s match- up against FCS opponent Chattanooga.
• Over the past three seasons, PC has been outstanding against FCS teams following games against FBS opponents. In fact, since 2013, PC is 5-0 in games against non-FBS opponents that were preceded by a game against an FBS opponent.
• The Blue Hose defeated Brevard, 45-10, in 2013 after falling to Wake Forest the week prior. In 2014, PC defeated Bluefield, Western Carolina and Gardner-Webb after games at Northern Illinois, NC State and Ole Miss, respectively.